Arisa is a college student who’s currently studying in the state of Washington. We got to know her through some mutual friends. We were impressed by her determination and passion to be a doctor and are very excited to share her Live You Color Interview with you! Please enjoy Arisa’s interview featuring Sparkle Star Tulle Socks.
1. Where did you grow up and how did it shape who you are today? I grew up in a small town called Burlingame, California. My hometown has allowed me to experience a sense of community and home. I think that growing up in my small town has made me a down to earth and well-rounded person.
2. Could you tell us about the location today’s pictures and why it holds a special place in your heart? My pictures are taken at my home in California and my new home in Washington, where I attend college. These two places are where I have grown to become the person I am today.
3. What is your fashion preference and why? Shoes! I love shoes and it is the first thing I notice about someone when I meet them. Having cute socks to complement the shoes is also important. Shoes make or break an outfit and I think that it is probably one of the most important fashion items. In terms of clothing, I don't have a defined preference. I chose items from difference styles that I like and combine them for an authentic look.
4. What’s your favorite fashion accessory and how does it make you feel? I love anything that has crystals or stones attached to it. I always wear a stone or crystal necklace (preferably amethyst or garnet). I also love wearing earrings.
5. What is your dream? My dream is to become an orthopedic doctor, help others, be able to do my many hobbies everyday, and teach people about healthy living and eating.
6. How are you enjoying college life and what inspires you the most as a college student? I absolutely love college because I got to meet incredible friends and professors. My professors inspire me a lot but the person that inspires me the most is my orthopedic doctor. She is my inspiration and mentor.
7. What do you enjoy during your spare time and why do you like it? There are so many things that I love to do during my spare time. I absolutely love to read, draw, paint, run, play sports, ski, wakeboard, fish, shop, knit, watch shows, craft, cook, spend time with friends, take pictures, hike, camp, and much more. Name an activity and I will probably love it.
8. What’s your favorite quote and how does it make you feel? “Grit is the stubborn refusal to quit” -Jonah Lehrer This quote represents who I am in whatever I pursue. It gives me the drive and strength to never quit.
9. Which cities would you like to live in the future? This is a question that I ask myself a lot. I don’t think that I have traveled enough to decide where my future home will be. At the moment, I would like to stay on the west coast in the United States.
10. What does “Live Your Color” mean to you? To me, “Live Your Color” means to be authentic and live life your own way. Everyone is different and unique regardless of what others think. I think that “Live Your Color” embodies the uniqueness and individuality of everyone.
All images by Arisa Dincho. Shop Arisa’s look at Tabbisocks.com!