When I met Elle-May in NY 4 years ago at NY Fashion Show, she was exactly what I had imagined through her self-portraits. As beautifully and artfully she has presented herself on social media, there was nothing "made-up" about her. She was full-of-life, down-to-earth, with a huge smile that draws you in.
She was invited to the fashion shows as a professional blogger. Between her busy schedule, she decided to participate in the impromptu tabbisocks photoshoot in Central Park!
Since then, tabbisocks was fortunate enough to collaborate with her as she continued to flourish as a photographer and stylist - you can often see her wandering through the coves of Brisbane, Australia.
September 11, 2017
1. Where did you grow up and how did it shape who you are today?
I grew up in a few places, mostly in Brisbane Australia. We always had lots of land to run around in, always close to the ocean. It gave me a strong imagination and helped me realize the connection of creativity & nature. No matter where I am, I always crave that kind of open space & freedom.
2. We're always inspired by your evolving sense of style and photography. How did the blog "Elle-May Leckenby" come to life?
It came to be through photography. It's a mix of my love for style & capturing weddings as well. I really wanted a place to share it all :)
3. What inspires you to continuously create?
Definitely life experiences, traveling to other cultures and interpretation of what inspires me from there. Films, and my fiance has always been a big help and push to inspire my work. Just people the most, and getting out of my comfort zone really helps me appreciate the ability to take that and create something with what I can learn.
4. What advice would you give to someone who is currently trying to start a career as a style blogger?
I'd advise to always take time out of the digital world and really live what you are creating. It's so important to bring real substance to through the internet. To pursue what makes you truly passionate :)
5. Could you tell us a little bit about your photo shoot location and why it holds a special place in your heart?
I have a love for coves, all kind of beaches really, but especially coves! This one is close to where I've lived for a long time and I am constantly here appreciating everything in life, watching the waves crash or the surfers. Dusk here is SO BEAUTIFUL!
6. What else do you enjoy doing when you're not wandering in nature and taking photography? (if that ever happens!)
I really enjoy reading, finding good podcasts, swimming, campfire sing-a-longs, spending time with my family / friends and just talking / dreaming of future plans.
7. If you could only wear one color for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Olive green probably! Haha green in my favorite colour and a muted / dusty olive is less bright / blends in and compliments environments.
8. What does “Live Your Color” mean to you?
I see it like, live what makes you come alive. Color meaning ambition, zest, passion, joy, anything good inside of you, always make sure it is dominant in your life!
Thank you Elle-May!